Unlike 2015’s mad year of 25 wildlife resolutions (due to turning 25), I am only going to aim for the more logical 16 resolutions for 2016.
Wildlife To See
- See 4 new species of butterfly, including Swallowtail & Black Hairstreak.
- See and identify 5 new species of hoverfly.
- Reach 200 on my bird life list (161 at the end of 2015).
- Reach 500 on my moth life list (209 at the end of 2015) by BirdFair 2016 – as challenged by Dominic Couzens at BirdFair 2015.
- Reach 1500 on my pan-species list (769 at the end of 2015).
- Take part in BSBI’s New Year Plant Hunt.
Things To Do
- Submit application to give a talk(s) at BirdFair 2016.
- Publish an article in a major wildlife magazine. – as challenged by Matt Williams.
- Explore NT Wimpole Estate.
- Visit RSPB Minsmere.
- Visit NT Wicken Fen.
- Get at least one of the birds in my freezer taxidermied.
- Sort and submit all my 2015 wildlife records.
- Organise an event for AFON.
- Dissect and identify the dead moths in my freezer / dead insect pots.
- Start my own collection of pinned insects.